1997 Volkswagen EuroVan Insurance Cost – 10 Tips for Cheapest Prices
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 14, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest insurance rates for your Volkswagen EuroVan? Tired of not being able to afford to insure your Volkswagen every month? You are in the same boat as the majority of other car owners. You have multiple car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to compare rates.
It is always a good idea to do rate comparisons periodically since rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best price for Eurovan coverage a year ago you can probably find a better price now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re about to learn one of the quickest ways to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Finding the best car insurance coverage can be fairly easy. If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to cut your premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the best way to compare company rates online.
How to Get Cheap Insurance
Finding a lower price on 1997 Volkswagen EuroVan insurance can be quick and easy. You just have to spend a few minutes comparing price quotes online from several insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- One of the best ways to compare a lot of rates at once is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This form saves time by eliminating multiple quote forms to each individual insurance company. A single, simple form will return quotes from insurance companies with the best prices.
- A harder way to get comparison quotes consists of visiting the website for each individual company and fill out their own quote form.
Whichever method you choose, ensure you are comparing identical coverage limits and deductibles for every company. If you use different deductibles it will be very difficult to decipher which rate is best.
Don’t overlook these ten discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before you get the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Driver Safety – Taking a driver safety course can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Volkswagen can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Companies that may offer these discounts include:
- State Farm
- The Hartford
Before buying, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Savings may not apply in your state.
Is my situation unique?
When choosing adequate coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent.
Car insurance coverages for a Volkswagen EuroVan
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Volkswagen EuroVan.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses like dental work, funeral costs, EMT expenses and surgery. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims like emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds and court costs. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a deer, vandalism and damage from getting keyed. The most your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your EuroVan resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like damaging your car on a curb, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
More comparisons equals lower rates
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to shop for 1997 Volkswagen EuroVan insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area