Cheapest 1995 Dodge Dakota Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper insurance rates for your Dodge Dakota? Finding cheaper insurance for a Dodge Dakota could be an all-consuming task, but you can use our insurance buying tips to find lower rates. There is a better way to shop for insurance and we’ll show you the best way to quote coverages for your Dodge and obtain the best price possible from local insurance agents and online providers.
You need to shop coverage around on a regular basis because insurance rates tend to go up over time. Just because you found the lowest price for Dakota insurance a couple years back you can probably find a better price now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the easiest way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
How to Compare Car Insurance Costs
Most major insurance companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm give prices for coverage on their websites. Getting online rates is pretty easy as you simply type in your required coverages as requested by the quote form. Once entered, the company’s rating system pulls credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information based on these and other factors.
Online price quotes simplifies rate comparisons, but the time required to go to different websites and fill out multiple forms is repetitive and time-consuming. But it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for the lowest car insurance rates.
Compare rates the easy way
The easiest way to lower your car insurance bill makes use of a single form that gets price quotes from a bunch of companies at once. The form is fast, requires much less work on your part, and makes rate comparisons a little more enjoyable. As soon as the form is sent, it is quoted and you are able to buy your choice of the quotes returned. If the quotes result in lower rates, you simply finish the application and purchase coverage. The entire process just takes a couple of minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, click here and input your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will get a rate comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Drivers who switch save $410 a year? Really?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for the lowest price auto insurance from companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all have a common claim that you can save after switching your policy.
But how can every company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
All companies can use profiling for the type of driver that earns them a profit. A good example of a driver they prefer could be over the age of 40, has no driving citations, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest rates and most likely will save when switching.
Potential customers who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile will have to pay higher prices which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. This is how companies can truthfully advertise the savings. Because of the profiling, you need to quote coverage with many companies. You cannot predict which car insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Dodge Dakota insurance rates.
Some factors that can determine what Dodge Dakota insurance costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance coverage. Understanding what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Did you know your insurance coverage rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations such as judges, social workers and stock brokers are shown to have the highest rates due to high stress and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations like scientists, students and homemakers pay the least for Dakota insurance.
- Liability coverage is cheap – The liability section of your policy is the protection if you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- Increase deductibles and save – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, or theft. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance coverage will be for Dakota insurance.
- How’s your driving record? – Even a single citation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get dangerous violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Pay less if you’re married – Having a spouse actually saves money on your insurance coverage policy. It is viewed as being more mature it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Your credit rating is important – A driver’s credit score is a huge factor in determining what you pay for insurance coverage. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1995 Dodge Dakota by improving your rating.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies award discounts to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is intended for larger claims.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every discount very well, so we researched both the well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your policy for Dakota insurance.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount for Dakota insurance with certain companies.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course in driver safety could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10% for Dakota insurance.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not be available everywhere.
When might I need an agent?
When choosing the best insurance coverage coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills for things like hospital visits, doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs and EMT expenses. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as theft, damage from getting keyed, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Dodge Dakota.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Dakota from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as medical services, repair costs for stationary objects, legal defense fees and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible.
And the best car insurance company is…
We just covered many tips how you can get a better price on 1995 Dodge Dakota insurance. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even find the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
Discount insurance is attainable from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford.
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area