Cheapest 1993 Honda Civic Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper auto insurance rates for your Honda Civic? Nobody looks forward to paying for auto insurance, in particular when the cost is way too high.
Many auto insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive best price available.
You need to check auto insurance prices quite often because prices trend upward over time. Just because you found the lowest rates on Civic insurance a few years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. There is a lot of wrong information about auto insurance on the web, but with this article, you’re going to get the best ways to save money.
How to Get Insurance Comparison Quotes
When shopping for insurance there are multiple ways of comparing rate quotes and find the best price. The recommended way to find the cheapest 1993 Honda Civic insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The fastest way consumers can make multiple comparisons is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do separate quotes for each company. Completing one form will return quotes from insurance companies with the best prices.
- A slightly less efficient method to compare rate quotes consists of going to each individual company website to complete their respective quote request forms. For instance, let’s say you want to compare USAA, 21st Century and Liberty Mutual. To find out each rate you need to visit each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make darn sure you compare exactly the same quote information for every quote you compare. If you have mixed coverages you will not be able to find the best deal for your Honda Civic. Just a small difference in coverage limits may result in a large different in cost. It’s important to know that getting more free quotes helps locate the best rates.
Cut your premium with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive reduced rates on Civic insurance.
- Driver Safety – Completing a driver safety course can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Civic insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurers with the best car insurance discounts, click this link.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Is my Honda Civic covered if I use it for business?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- How high should deductibles be on a 1993 Honda Civic?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Car insurance coverages explained
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the normal coverages offered by car insurance companies.
This protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims like repair costs for stationary objects, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Honda Civic.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like rock chips in glass, a broken windshield, vandalism, hitting a deer and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays for damage to your Civic caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses for prosthetic devices, pain medications, nursing services, X-ray expenses and chiropractic care. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Pennies from heaven
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to lower your 1993 Honda Civic insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Cost effective insurance is possible online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area