Cheapest 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Chevrolet Cavalier? Sick and tired of scraping the payment together to buy car insurance? You are no different than millions of other consumers.
Many insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a provider and get the definite best rates possible.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to cut costs considerably using these techniques. Buying car insurance is not rocket science. Nevertheless, consumers benefit from understanding the way insurance companies sell online and use this information to your advantage.
Chevy Cavalier rates are in the details
It’s important that you understand the factors that help determine auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates enables informed choices that could result in better auto insurance rates.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Youthful drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are found liable for damages from an accident. It provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Your location affects your rates – Residing in less populated areas has it’s advantages when it comes to auto insurance. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. City drivers have to deal with congested traffic and much longer commute distances. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Getting married helps lower the price when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature and responsible and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
Where Can I Get Cheap Insurance?
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from insurance companies in your area. The easiest way by far to find the lowest 1993 Chevy Cavalier rates is to get quotes online. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
One of the simplest ways to find low rates is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions to each individual insurance company. A single, simple form will get you price quotes instantly.
A different way to find lower rates consists of going to the website for each individual company to request a price quote. For example, let’s say you want to compare rates from Progressive, State Farm and Allstate. To get each rate you have to visit each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
The least efficient method of comparing rate quotes is to spend time driving to insurance agents’ offices. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the professional advice of a local agent. You can, however, price shop your coverage online but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll touch on that later.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just compare identical coverage information for each comparison quote. If you compare differing limits it’s impossible to decipher which rate is best. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. Keep in mind that getting more free quotes will increase your chances of finding the best price.
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Companies like State Farm and Allstate consistently run ads in print and on television. All the ads say the same thing that you’ll save big if you change to them. But how can every company make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver they prefer to insure. A good example of a desirable insured could be between 30 and 50, is a homeowner, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any new insured who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for the requirements must pay more money and this can result in business not being written. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make those claims.
This illustrates why it’s extremely important to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest Chevy Cavalier insurance rates.
How to reduce 1993 Chevy Cavalier insurance rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before they will apply.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on insurance on Cavalier insurance.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for reduced rates on Cavalier insurance.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on their website.
- Own a Home – Owning a home may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
For a list of providers with the best insurance discounts, click here to view.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying the best insurance coverage coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 1993 Chevy Cavalier?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area.
Car insurance coverage basics
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the usual coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like fire damage, vandalism, hitting a bird and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses like rehabilitation expenses, nursing services, ambulance fees and doctor visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Chevy Cavalier.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Auto liability insurance – This coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people. It protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Collision – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
When shopping online for insurance coverage, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone sacrificed full coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Budget-conscious 1993 Chevy Cavalier insurance is attainable both online in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
We just presented a lot of tips how to shop for insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the best prices are with a small mutual company. Smaller companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area