Cheapest 1990 Chevrolet Chevy Van Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper car insurance rates for your Chevrolet Chevy Van? Comparing car insurance rates online may seem to be difficult if you’re new to online quoting. But relax because it’s actually quite easy.
These discounts can lower your rates
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but a few must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home may trigger a insurance coverage policy discount because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may qualify for better insurance coverage rates on Chevy van insurance.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will help reduce the cost of coverage.
To see a list of providers who offer insurance coverage discounts, click here.
Free Quotes for Auto Insurance
Most companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm give price estimates online. This process is pretty easy as you simply enter the coverages you want into a form. After the form is submitted, the company’s rating system pulls information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price based on these and other factors.
Online price quotes helps simplify price comparisons, but the process of having to visit each company’s website and repetitively complete many quote forms can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s very important to perform this step if you are searching for the best price on auto insurance.
Quote rates the easy way
A less time-consuming method to locate the lowest prices requires only one form that gets price quotes from several companies at one time. It saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes online quotes much simpler. After sending the form, it is rated and you can choose your choice of the quotes that you receive.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. It can be completed in less than 10 minutes and can result in significant savings.
To compare rates using this form now, simply click here to open in new window and submit the form. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you input the coverages as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison based on identical coverages.
Chevy Chevy Van insurance rates have many determining factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Having a bad credit score is a huge factor in your rate calculation. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your 1990 Chevrolet Chevy Van by improving your rating. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have poor credit.
- Your spouse saves you money – Having a spouse helps lower the price when buying insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more mature and responsible and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- How your age affects price – Teen drivers are known to get distracted easily behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. If you’ve ever had to add a young driver onto a policy can break the bank. Older drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and get fewer tickets.
- An active claims history can cost you – Auto insurance companies give better rates to people who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance will be on Chevy van insurance.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping car theft.
- Your insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like lawyers, business owners and accountants have higher rates than average due to job stress and long work days. On the flip side, occupations such as farmers, athletes and performers get better rates on Chevy van insurance.
- Where you live is a factor – Choosing to live in less populated areas can be a good thing when talking about insurance. Lower population means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers in populated areas have much more traffic to deal with and longer commutes to work. More time commuting means more change of being in an accident.
Different people need different coverages
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Is my trailer covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Don’t listen to company ads
Insurance providers like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm consistently run ads on TV and radio. They all make the same claim of big savings if you change your policy. How can each company make almost identical claims?
Different companies have a preferred profile for the driver they prefer to insure. For example, a desirable insured might be profiled as between the ages of 30 and 50, a clean driving record, and chooses high deductibles. A customer who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who are not a match for these standards will be charged higher premiums and ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can advertise the way they do.
That is why drivers must quote coverage with many companies. It is impossible to predict which insurance company will have the lowest Chevy Chevy Van insurance rates.
Learn about insurance coverages for a 1990 Chevy Chevy Van
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
This coverage pays for damage to your Chevy Van caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Auto liability insurance
This can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as structural damage, medical expenses and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Chevy Chevy Van.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from flooding, falling objects, a broken windshield, hitting a bird and hail damage. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses such as X-ray expenses, ambulance fees, doctor visits, prosthetic devices and hospital visits. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Make a quick buck
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent and high prices. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
We just covered many tips how you can lower your 1990 Chevy Chevy Van insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from a small local company.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford.
Additional learning opportunities
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area