How much does 2017 Mazda 3 Insurance cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 19, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower insurance coverage rates for your Mazda 3? Did a good deal turn into an overpriced insurance coverage policy? Trust us, many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
Since you have so many options, it’s nearly impossible to pick the cheapest company with the best 2017 Mazda 3 insurance cost.
Where can I get low cost car insurance?
All major car insurance companies make it easy to get pricing direct online. Doing online price comparisons is pretty easy because you just enter your coverage information into the quote form. Once entered, their quoting system orders reports for credit and driving violations and generates pricing information determined by many factors. Quoting online simplifies rate comparisons, but the work required to visit a lot of sites and complete many quote forms can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it is imperative to do this if you are searching for the lowest car insurance rates.
Isn’t there an easier way to compare rates?
A quicker way to find cheaper rates uses one form that gets price quotes from several different companies. The form is fast, reduces the work, and makes comparison shopping much simpler. After sending your information, it gets priced with multiple companies and you can pick your choice of the quotes that you receive. If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. The whole process takes less than 15 minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will have rate quotes using the exact same coverages.
Well Known Brands Might Not Be the Cheapest
Car insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive continually stream ads in print and on television. All the ads state the claim about how much you will save if you switch your coverage to them. That’s great but how can every company offer you a better deal? You have to listen carefully.
All companies have strict underwriting profiles for the type of customer that is profitable for them. An example of this type of insured could be a female over age 40, has no claims, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Anybody that matches those criteria receives the best rates and most likely will save money with a new company.
Insureds who fall short of these stringent criteria may be required to pay more expensive rates which results in the customer buying from someone else. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “people that switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save the amount stated. This is how insurance companies can claim big savings. Because of the profiling, you really should get price quotes at each policy renewal. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will have the best rates for your profile.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Mazda 3 Insurance Rates
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
The following are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate your premiums.
- Does auto insurance cost less for women? – Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Males and females cause accidents in similar percentages, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive insurance coverage rates.
- Never have coverage lapses – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a big no-no and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will rates go up, but failure to provide proof of insurance may also earn you a steep fine or even jail time. You may then have to prove you have insurance by filing an SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Reserve insurance coverage claims for larger damages – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies generally give lower rates to people who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Choose high crash test ratings and save – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less claims paid and lower rates for you. If your Mazda 3 is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Excellent credit equals lower costs – Having a bad credit score factors in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit score is low, you could pay less to insure your 2017 Mazda 3 if you clean up your credit. People that have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit.
- Physical damage deductibles are a factor – The deductibles you choose define the amount the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and damage from wind. The more you have to pay, the lower your rates will be on 3 insurance.
Discounts for Cheaper Car Insurance Rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied at quote time, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less can earn lower rates on low mileage vehicles.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may receive a discount up to 10% on 3 insurance.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their insurance coverage quote on 3 insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Buy New and Save – Putting car insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find affordable insurance coverage.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Theft Deterent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a defensive driving course may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
Just know that some credits don’t apply the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Tailor Your Auto Insurance Coverage to You
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions that might help in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent.
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the normal coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills for things like EMT expenses, funeral costs, chiropractic care, prosthetic devices and pain medications. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is an important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a broken windshield, fire damage and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount an auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sustaining damage from a pothole, crashing into a ditch and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability car insurance – This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like court costs, funeral expenses, pain and suffering and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Make a Quick Buck
We covered some good ideas how to compare 2017 Mazda 3 insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the best prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
When getting insurance coverage quotes online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Much more information about auto insurance can be read at these links:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area