Compare 2009 Chevrolet HHR Car Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding better insurance prices for your Chevy HHR could be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to find lower rates.
There are both good and bad ways to compare auto insurance rates and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a new or used Chevy and find the best price possible either online or from local insurance agents.
You should make it a habit to take a look at other company’s rates once or twice a year because insurance rates tend to go up over time. Even if you got the best rates for HHR coverage a few years ago you can probably find a better price now. So ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest and easiest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Shopping for cheaper car insurance coverage is simple if you know the tricks. If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these tips to reduce the price you pay while maintaining coverages. Drivers only need to know the best way to compare price quotes online.
Free Quotes for Auto Insurance
Finding a lower price on 2009 Chevy HHR insurance is not a difficult process. All you need to do is take a couple of minutes to compare rate quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be done using a couple different methods.
The best way to get the best comparison quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do boring form submissions for each company you want a rate for. A single, simple form gets you coverage quotes instantly. It’s definitely the quickest method.
A slightly less efficient method to shop for auto insurance online is going to each company’s website and request a quote. For example, we’ll pretend you want rates from Progressive, Allstate and Travelers. To find out each rate you need to go to every website and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but be sure to compare the exact same information on every quote. If you are comparing different values for each quote it will be very difficult to determine the lowest rate for your Chevy HHR.
Chevy HHR rates are in the details
It’s important that you understand the factors that go into determining your insurance coverage rates. Understanding what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with better insurance coverage rates.
- How your age affects price – Teen drivers have a tendency to be less responsible when driving so insurance coverage rates are higher. Having to add a teen driver to your insurance coverage policy can be very expensive. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- Being married can save on insurance coverage – Being married can actually save you money on your insurance coverage policy. Having a significant other means you’re more mature and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Car features impact rates – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance coverage. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder auto theft.
- How credit affects insurance coverage rates – Having a bad credit score is a large factor in determining your rates. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit rating is low, you could be paying less to insure your 2009 Chevrolet HHR by improving your rating.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Men and women tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high insurance coverage rates.
Discounts mean cheaper 2009 Chevy HHR insurance rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for prior to getting the savings. If you don’t get every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less for HHR coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a course in driver safety could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
Insurance companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not apply in every state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Who is covered by my policy?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2009 Chevy HHR?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for collisions
This will pay to fix damage to your HHR resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like backing into a parked car, crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as funeral expenses, medical services, loss of income, structural damage and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a bird, hail damage and fire damage. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for surgery, EMT expenses and hospital visits. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Chevy HHR.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Have money to burn
We just presented a lot of tips how to lower your 2009 Chevy HHR insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Cheaper insurance can be found on the web and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Even more information can be read by following these links:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area