Cheapest 2005 Nissan Altima Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 19, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better auto insurance rates for your Nissan Altima? Locating better insurance prices for a Nissan Altima could be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks and make it easy. There are both good and bad ways to buy auto insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Nissan and obtain the cheapest rates either online or from local insurance agents.
It’s important to compare rates occasionally since rates change regularly. Just because you had the lowest price for Altima insurance on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of wrong information about auto insurance on the internet, so I’m going to show you some good information on how to slash your auto insurance rates.
Buying car insurance is not that difficult. If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to find better prices while maximizing coverage. Vehicle owners just need to learn the most effective way to compare company rates online.
How to Compare Auto Insurance
Getting a lower price on 2005 Nissan Altima insurance is actually quite simple. You just have to take a couple of minutes to compare quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be done in several different ways.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to get quotes for comparison would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This type of form keeps you from doing separate quotation requests to each individual auto insurance company. Completing one form gets you price quotes from all major companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A harder way to get quotes online is to manually visit each individual company website and request a quote. For instance, let’s assume you want rates from USAA, Allstate and State Farm. To get each rate you have to go to every website and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just compare the exact same coverage information for each comparison quote. If each company quotes different deductibles it will be impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Nissan Altima.
Discounts to Lower 2005 Nissan Altima Insurance Rates
When you’re shopping for insurance coverage, you’ll want to consider “what is the value of a 2005 Nissan Altima” and choose a policy that matches your needs. Used vehicles come in varying conditions, if your Altima is in excellent condition, you’ll be fine with paying a bit more for insurance. But if your car is in average condition, you’ll definitely want to explore options for discounts on your premiums.
Car insurance companies don’t list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched some of the best known as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers can possibly qualify for reduced rates for Altima insurance.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may trigger a car insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for car insurance for Altima insurance.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
The price of your 2005 Nissan Altima insurance can be affordable. Just a few of the companies that may have money-saving discounts include:
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- American Family
Before buying, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not apply in every state.
Tailor Your Coverage to You
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions can help discover whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Is my Nissan Altima covered if I use it for business?
- What is the ISO rating for a 2005 Altima?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does the quoted rate match the value of a 2005 Nissan Altima?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Educate Yourself About Auto Insurance Coverages
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage – This will pay to fix damage to your Altima from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims such as hitting a mailbox, driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses for things like EMT expenses, surgery and prosthetic devices. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Nissan Altima.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Liability coverage – This protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like funeral expenses, court costs and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area