2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you overwhelmed by the dozens of car insurance options? Many other consumers are too. People have so many companies to choose from that it can easily become a lot of work to find the perfect company for you.
Insurance Coverage Comparisons
Most companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm give prices directly from their websites. Getting quotes is pretty easy as you simply type in your coverage information as requested by the quote form. Once you submit the form, their rating system obtains your credit score and driving record and generates a price.
Being able to quote online helps simplify price comparisons, but the time it takes to visit different websites and complete many quote forms can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it is imperative to perform this step if you are searching for the lowest insurance coverage rates.
Compare rates the easy way
A more efficient way to find lower prices uses one simple form to obtain quotes from many companies. It’s a real time-saver, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes rate comparisons much simpler. As soon as the form is sent, it is rated and you can select any one of the resulting price quotes.
If a lower price is quoted, you can simply submit the application and buy the policy. This process can be completed in a matter of minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To compare rates now, simply click here to open in new window and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you duplicate the limits and deductibles as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you will be getting a rate comparison using the same coverage and limits.
More discounts equal less premium
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but a few must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in high school.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for Malibu Maxx coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Sign Online – A few companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on their website.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who live away from home and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will cut your overall premium however.
Car insurance companies that may offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your state.
It’s not one size fits all
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2005 Chevy Malibu Maxx to commute?
- If my 2005 Chevy Malibu Maxx is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Factors that can influence insurance rates for a Chevy Malibu Maxx
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help determine your car insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
- Better credit means lower rates – A driver’s credit score is a large factor in determining your rates. So if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your 2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Most insurers give discounts to insureds who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying on your car insurance policy. Insurance for personal injury protection, accidental death and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Chevy Malibu Maxx scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Frequent car insurance claims increase rates – Insurance companies award lower rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Marriage brings a discount – Being married actually saves money on your policy. Having a significant other usually means you are more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
The coverage is in the details
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your 2005 Chevy Malibu Maxx.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Another option is a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims such as pain and suffering, attorney fees, medical expenses, medical services and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer, damage from flooding and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses like rehabilitation expenses, doctor visits, surgery, X-ray expenses and dental work. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Malibu Maxx resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a mailbox and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Make an honest buck
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, denial of a claim, policy non-renewal and unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper 2005 Chevy Malibu Maxx insurance is attainable from both online companies and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
More information is located on the following sites:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area