Cheapest 2004 Cadillac DeVille Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 8, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower auto insurance rates for your Cadillac DeVille? Locating low-cost insurance for a Cadillac DeVille can be a lot of work, but you can use these tips to find lower rates. There is a better way to shop for auto insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to compare rates for a Cadillac and get the lowest price from local insurance agents and online providers.
Cadillac DeVille insurance rates can be determined by these details
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that come into play when calculating your insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower insurance coverage prices.
- Too many insurance coverage claims drive up costs – Car insurance companies award lower rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Safer cars get lower rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If the Cadillac DeVille is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- No coverage gaps is important – Allowing your insurance coverage policy to lapse will be a sure-fire way to bump up your insurance coverage costs. Not only will you pay more, but not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Where do you drive? – The more miles you rack up on your Cadillac each year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Autos that are left in the garage receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Verify your insurance coverage policy is showing how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. If your policy improperly rates your DeVille may be wasting your money.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Some insurers will award you with lower prices to policyholders who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Good drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one ticket can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get flagrant violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you when a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Big city or small town – Being located in a small town has it’s advantages when talking about insurance coverage. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large cities have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
Compare Auto Insurance Costs
Effectively comparing auto insurance prices can take hours if you aren’t aware of the easiest way. You can waste a lot of time driving to insurance agencies in your area, or you could use online quotes to quickly compare rates.
Most of the larger companies belong to a marketplace that enables customers to only type in their quote data once, and at least one company returns a competitive quote for coverage. This eliminates the need for quotation requests for each company you want a rate for. To access this free quoting program, click here to open in new window.
The only downside to comparing rates this way is that consumers can’t choose the companies to receive prices from. If you wish to select from a list of companies to compare prices, we put together a list of companies who write auto insurance in your area. Click to view list.
It’s up to you which method you use, but compare identical coverage limits and deductibles for each comparison quote. If you enter different liability limits then you won’t be able to make a fair comparison for your Cadillac DeVille.
Is there deception in advertising?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for cheaper car insurance from companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies have a common claim about savings after switching your policy.
But how can every company claim to save you money?
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that earns them a profit. A good example of a desirable insured could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and has a high credit rating. Any driver who fits that profile receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who do not match this ideal profile must pay higher rates which leads to business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. This is how companies can state the savings. This illustrates why it’s extremely important to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest Cadillac DeVille insurance rates.
How to reduce 2004 Cadillac DeVille insurance rates
Car insurance companies do not advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount for DeVille insurance depending on your company.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less for DeVille insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may be able to get a small decrease in premiums for DeVille insurance.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
To see a list of insurers offering auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions might point out if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2004 Cadillac DeVille?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Car insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from flooding, a broken windshield, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hail damage. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like legal defense fees, funeral expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses for rehabilitation expenses, doctor visits, ambulance fees and X-ray expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
This covers damage to your DeVille from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Cadillac DeVille.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
Lower-priced 2004 Cadillac DeVille insurance can be sourced on the web and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. Some companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price.
You just read many tips how you can lower your insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from a small local company.
More information can be read at these links:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area