Cheapest 2000 Buick Century Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower auto insurance rates for your Buick Century? Feel like you’re a prisoner to high-priced auto insurance? Believe me when I say you’re not alone.
Multiple insurers compete to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the absolute lowest cost out there.
It’s smart to check auto insurance prices at least once a year because rates are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Century insurance a year ago you may be paying too much now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding auto insurance on the web, but we’re going to give you a lot of great tips on how to slash your auto insurance rates.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but a few need to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Student in College – Children who are attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will help reduce your premiums.
Companies that may offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
- American Family
- The Hartford
Double check with each company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in every state.
Insurance Prices Online
There are multiple methods you can shop for 2000 Buick Century insurance and some are less time-consuming than others. You can waste hours talking about coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you can stay home and use the web to quickly compare rates.
Many insurance companies belong to a marketplace where insurance shoppers submit one quote, and each participating company can provide price quotes. This prevents consumers from doing quote requests for each company you want a rate for.
To participate in this free quote system, click here to start a free quote.
The only drawback to pricing coverage this way is buyers cannot specifically choose the providers you want pricing from. If you would rather choose specific insurance companies to compare, we put together a list of companies who write insurance in your area. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you are comparing the exact same quote information for each price quote. If you use higher or lower deductibles it will be impossible to make a fair comparison for your Buick Century. Having just a slight variation in coverages may result in a large different in cost. And when comparing insurance rates, know that quoting more will enable you to find the best price.
What determines your Buick Century insurance premium
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance. Understanding what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that may reward you with lower insurance prices.
The following are a partial list of the pieces insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Cautious drivers pay less – A bad driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even one moving violation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. If you have dangerous violations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Your insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Careers like judges, executives and financial analysts tend to pay higher average rates in part from job stress and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, professions such as scientists, engineers and retirees have the lowest average rates on Century insurance.
- Never go without insurance – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse is a sure-fire way to bump up your insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Safer cars get lower rates. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Buick Century has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your policy. Marriage translates into being more mature it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2000 Buick Century?
- Is my 2000 Buick Century covered for smoke damage?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Insurance coverage options for a Buick Century
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the normal coverages found on most insurance policies.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like pain medications, nursing services and surgery. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle, backing into a parked car and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 2000 Buick Century.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as theft, hail damage, vandalism, fire damage and a broken windshield. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things such as attorney fees, structural damage and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Don’t be a big spender
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to compare 2000 Buick Century insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Discount insurance is possible both online as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area