Cheapest 1995 Jeep Wrangler Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 3, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Jeep Wrangler? Finding better rates for auto insurance is challenging for consumers not familiar with shopping for insurance online. Drivers have so many choices that it can be a real hassle to find lower rates.
Jeep Wrangler rates are complex
It’s important that you understand the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Understanding what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into prices.
- Mature drivers pay less – More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel. Teen drivers tend to get distracted easily when driving and because of this, their insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Jeep Wrangler has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Driving with no insurance is against the law and insurance coverage companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Liability coverage will protect you if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. It provides for a legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Clean credit earns discounts – A driver’s credit history is a large factor in your rate calculation. If your credit history is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1995 Jeep Wrangler by improving your credit score. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit scores.
- High numbers of claims are not good – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies award discounts to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are a lot of additional coverages you can purchase on your insurance coverage policy. Things like personal injury protection, better glass coverage and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
Discounts mean cheaper 1995 Jeep Wrangler insurance rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but less common discounts must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break simply for signing on their website.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less compared to frequent claim filers.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will cut your overall premium however.
To see a list of providers with the best insurance discounts, click this link.
Is there deception in advertising?
21st Century, Allstate and State Farm regularly use television and radio advertisements. All the companies say the same thing that you’ll save big if you move to them. How do they all make almost identical claims?
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a profitable customer could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, insures multiple vehicles, and chooses high deductibles. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters gets the lowest rates and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile will be quoted a higher premium and this can result in the customer not buying. The ads say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way insurance companies can state the savings.
This emphasizes why you need to get as many quotes as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- If my 1995 Jeep Wrangler is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- What if I total my 1995 Jeep Wrangler and owe more than it’s worth?
- How much liability insurance is required?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Insurance policy coverages for a Jeep Wrangler
Learning about specific coverages of insurance aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses, structural damage and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and rock chips in glass. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Jeep Wrangler.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Wrangler caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like ambulance fees, prosthetic devices, hospital visits, nursing services and doctor visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Saving money is sweet as honey
Cost effective 1995 Jeep Wrangler insurance is attainable online and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
We just covered some good ideas how to compare insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the least-expected company.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver and even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
More information is available on the following sites:
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area